Consistency is the name of the game after applying for a mortgage. Be sure to discuss any changes in income, assets, or credit with your lender, so you don’t jeopardize your loan. Here are a few key things to avoid after applying for a mortgage to help make sure you still qualify for a loan at the closing table.
- Don’t change bank accounts
- Don’t apply for new credit cards or other loans
- Don’t make any large purchases—like a new car or furniture
- Don’t deposit large amounts of cash into your bank accounts
- Don’t co-sign other loans for anyone
The best plan is to fully disclose your intentions with your lender before you do anything financial in nature.